Wednesday 17 September 2014

*For me, 'revolution' simply means radical changes.*


*My attitude to peace is rather based on the Burmese definition of peace - it really means removing all the negative factors that destroy peace in this world. So peace does not mean just putting an end to violence or to war, but to all other factors that threaten peace, such as discrimination, such as inequality, poverty.
 *Freedom and democracy are dreams you never give up.
*It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.
*There is a time to be quiet and a time to talk.
 * Fundamental violations of human rights always lead to people feeling less and less human.
* If I advocate cautious optimism it is not because I do not have faith in the future but because I do not want to encourage blind faith.
* If you do nothing you get nothing.
* I don't believe in professional dissidents. I think it's just a phase, like adolescence.

No comments: