Saturday 15 November 2014

UNHHAPYNESS

 * The greatest happiness is to know the source of Unhappiness.
Fyodor Dostoevsky
 * I am happy that I am unhappy.
  Khatia Shiukashvili

* Writing is not a profession but a vocation of unhappiness.
Georges Simenon

* I think writing about unhappiness is probably the source of my popularity, if I have any-after all, most people are unhappy, don't you think?
Philip Larkin

*  Nothing is funnier than unhappiness, I grant you that. Yes, yes, it's the most comical thing in the world.
Samuel Beckett

* If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have a paradise in a few years.
Bertrand Russell

* Man's unhappiness, as I construe, comes of his greatness; it is because there is an Infinite in him, which with all his cunning he cannot quite bury under the Finite.
Thomas Carlyle

* Seeing unhappiness in the marriage of friends, I was content to have chosen music and laughter as a substitute for a husband.
Elsa Maxwell

* My purpose is to make films that will help people to live, even if they sometimes cause unhappiness.
Andrei Tarkovsky

No comments: