* We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
* The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government.
* If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
* i like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
* I sincerely believe... that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.
* I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be.
* The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.
* When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Great lecture by Christopher Hitchens on Thomas Jefferson, Enjoy!