* Diplomacy: the art of restraining power.
- Henry A. Kissinger
* All war represents a failure of diplomacy.
* In The World Of Diplomacy, Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid.
* To say nothing, especially when speaking, is half the art of diplomacy.
* Part Of Diplomacy Is To Open Different Definitions Of Self Interest
* The principle of give and take is the principle of diplomacy — give one and take ten
* "Speak softly and carry a big stick"
(Big Stick Diplomacy - Roosevelt's foreign policy)
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.'
Winston S. Churchill