Sunday 4 August 2013

And here we are in heaven ( Great Music)


 At Last, by Etta James


'And here we are in heaven

And you are mine at last':))))



Billie Holiday  I'm A fool To want You

Time and time again I said I'd leave you
Time and time again I went away
But then would come the time when I would need you
And once again these words I had to say

Take me back, I love you
I need you
I know it's wrong, it must be wrong
But right or wrong I can't get along,
Without you....



Louis Armstrong - When You're Smiling

'When you're smiling, When you're smiling, 
The whole world smiles with you,
When you're laughing, When you're laughing,
The sun comes shining through,
But when you're crying you bring on the rain,
So stop your sighing be happy again,
Keep on smiling 'cause when you're smiling,
The whole world smiles with you.'


A Change Is Gonna Come, by Sam Cooke 


 "It's been too hard living, but I'm afraid to die
Cos I don't know what's out there beyond the sky
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change is gonna come, oh yes it will.......'
(etc:)



 Nina Simone - Feeling Good 

"Feeling Good"

'Birds flyin' high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me.
Yeah, it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, ooooooooh...
And I'm feelin' good.'



  I Just Want To Make Love To You
by Etta James 
 I don't want you to be no slave
I don't want you to work all day
But I want you to be true
And I just wanna make love to you
Love to you, ooohooo, Love to you...

All I want to do is wash your clothes
I don't want to keep you indoors
There is nothing for you to do
But keep me making love to you, 
 Love to you, ooohooo
Real love to you, ooohooo
Love to you, ooohooo

 "You'd Better Go Now"
by Billie Holiday  
'You'd better go now, because I like you much, too much , :))



Aretha Franklin - Satisfaction

Marvin Gaye's 'What's goin' on?
 What's Going On by Marvin Gaye
Mother, mother
There's too many of you crying
Brother, brother, brother
There's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today - Ya

Father, father
We don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today

 Ella Fitzgerald - Summertime 

  

Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine

Miles Davis - Cool Jazz


No comments: