Wednesday 1 January 2014

Art by Catrin Welz - Stein

      Art by Catrin Welz - Stein 
Catrin Welz-Stein creates surreal works of art. Focused on mixed media, she breathes new life into vintage photos by experimenting in Photoshop, taking pictures apart and assembling them into new content.
'A large part of my work is the search for license-free images, illustrations or photos, for which copyright has long expired. Old books, magazines and the Internet are my primary resources for that. Once I have found the fitting image, I break it into pieces and then weave it back together mixed with other images. I transform, assemble and retouch the pieces, until the original image is no longer recognizable and an entirely new image is created.'
She currently lives and works in Malaysia.



★。\|/。★★。\|/。★★。\|/。★★。\|/。★
               I feel it................. k. S
★。/|\。★★。/|\。★★。/|\。★★。/|\。★


No comments: