Sunday 15 June 2014

Albert Einstein On Nationalism, Heroism, Patriotism, War and Peace

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.
*Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism how passionately I hate them!
*Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding

* I do not believe that civilization will be wiped out in a war fought with the atomic bomb. Perhaps two thirds of the people of the earth will be killed.
 It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
* I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.

Albert Einstein

Bertolt Brecht; 'Unhappy the land that is in need of heroes".. 

No comments: