Thursday 19 June 2014

Mary Harris Jones; Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.



*Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
*Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike.
*Someday the workers will take possession of your city hall, and when we do, no child will be sacrificed on the altar of profit!
*If they want to hang me, let them. And on the scaffold I will shout Freedom for the working class!
* I have never had a vote, and I have raised hell all over this country. You don't need a vote to raise hell! You need convictions and a voice!
*My address is like my shoes. It travels with me. I abide where there is a fight against wrong.
 I'm not a humanitarian, I'm a hell-raiser. I am not afraid of the pen, or the scaffold, or the sword. I will tell the truth wherever I please.
                            Mary Harris Jones

No comments: